Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There's no place like home

Spending my monies since I was 15.

Do you guys have that one army that you just absolutely love and you keep coming back to it no matter how many armies you have?

No matter how shiny, attractive or kickass other armies are, I always miss the feel of my High Elves.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the models, or the lore or maybe even the rules that gets me going, but there's always something about them that keeps pulling me back.

I love to experiment.  I buy every new codex/army book that comes out to familiarize myself with the new army, their models and how they play.  Sadly, sometimes I give in and I end up buying a bunch of their models or playing the fuck out of them by borrowing a friend's army or on Vassal.  However, I always go back to my roots.

When I look at Ogres, I'm thinking:  Where's my White Lions?
When I look at Empire, I look a their pitiful WS and BS and laugh.
When I look at Skaven, I realize I don't care about the 234th Skaven slave who dies.
When I look at Vampire Counts, I just don't care for undead and their raising ways.

Right now, I'm sad and happy to report that I've sold pretty much all my WHFB armies except for my High Elves, and I'm going to be faithful from now on.  No more buying new armies, no more building people free models, I'm going to stay with High Elves.  Besides, I have enough Warhammer 40K stuff to keep me occupied for years.

The current headcount at my house looks like the following:
High Elves (since 6th)
Dark Eldar (since 3rd)
Space Wolves (since 3rd)
Blood Angels (since 3rd)
Death Guard (gifted to me in 5th)
Space Marines (since 4th)

I have parted ways with:
Grey Knights (since 3rd)
Eldar (since 4th)
Vampire Counts (since 7th)
Skaven (gifted to me in 8th)
Ogre Kingdoms (since 8th)
Dwarfs (since 7th)

Am I a fucking addict or what? Please support the "Don't let HERO buy another army" foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts