Wednesday, November 30, 2011

FW models allowed in normal games?

Cock locked and ready to rock.
So I played a friend of mine yesterday and I decisively defeated his Blood Angels with my Dark Eldar at 1500 pts.  He tells me today he's going to take a LR Achilles in our next engagement and I said no way.  I was under the impression that FW models are unofficial and permission only (being mainly used in Apoc games) but he shows me his book and it reads:

This is the opening statement in the new IA books:
This unit is intended to be used in 'standard' games of Warhammer 40,000, within the usual limitations of Codex selection and force organisation charts.As with all our models these should be considered 'official', but owing to the fact they may be unknown to your opponent, it's best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models before you start. 

So I guess it's official now that you can use FW models in games of 40K?

I personally hate FW models.  Well, not the actual models themselves but the rules that come with them.  If you think GW rules are bad, I think FW rules are just outlandish.  The reason why is because they WANT to put something out that GW does not put out.  D-weapons, great.  Immune to melta/lance, great.  A drop pod that allows a Furioso to charge on the turn it lands, awesome.  In order to sell models that are 3x as expensive, the rules must own as much right.  I mean after all, how much are people willing to pay for proxies of a normal Land Raider?  They want something that can wreak havoc and make that 100 dollars well spent.  Thus, the rules are developed to go with them.

Anyone else feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts