Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How will Eldar work with Dark Eldar?

Fast Attack option yes?!

Now that we've seen some rules floating around, we can get a better idea of what we want in our armies.  First thing's first:  Who will be the primary army and who will be secondary?  I honestly think the amount of lances and poison weaponry available to the Dark Eldar will make them a better primary army.  Eldar, because they bring in a lot of specialized and powerful support options, will be a better secondary.

With that said, I plan on rocking a Dark Eldar primary and Eldar secondary force.  Let me know what you guys will be running and why!

Who will lead this primary army?  Probably a cheap Succubus because I've been running with one for quite some time now.  I will probably be looking at cheaper lanceboat options because I want to run a Wraithknight in my army.  The model is quite nice, it's basically a mini-Titan and I'm hoping the rules are great.  So what does this mean really?  Well.. that means most of the anti-tank work will be left for my Heavy Support Ravagers and the Wraithknight.  This kind of rags on the need for Wyches and instead, more lances will be added for support.

My train of thought right now is:  Drop the Wyches, or just limit them to 1 for CC and tank.  Close combat has taken a bit of a hit in this new shoot-tastic edition and I want to be able to maximize my shooting.  Shooting in general works better with Psychic powers, and now with a Farseer to work alongside my Dark Eldar, I want to be able to utilize his abilities as much as possible.  According to the rumors, Eldar powers will no longer specially state Eldar units.

So what does this look like in the end of the day?
Wyches are out.
Cheaper Lanceboats to make up for troop choices.
We're looking at a lot of 130 point 5-warrior, Blaster, Raiders, and maybe other stuff.
Let's take 2 full gunboats for now because I want to be able to utilize their firepower in combination with Doom, Guide or Prescience or whatever.

Let's work with this as the skeleton:

HQ:
Succubus (Agonizer/BP, Haywire) = 105

TROOPS:
5x Warriors (Raider NS, Blaster) = 130
5x Warriors (Raider NS, Blaster) = 130
5x Warriors (Raider NS, Blaster) = 130
10x Warriors (Raider NS/SR, Blaster, SC) = 195
9x Wyches (Raider NS, Hekatrix/VB, Haywires) = 195

HEAVY:
Ravager (NS) = 115
Ravager (NS) = 115
Ravager (NS) = 115

Depending on how powerful the Wraithknight is at making up for my AP or AT needs, we're looking at roughly 770 points to play with in a 2k point game.

That should be enough to buy a Farseer on a bike + some scoring Eldar Jetbikes as troops, and a Wraithknight at least.  Depending on the points of all of this, I'll be able to take one of those new Eldar Crimson Hunters for AA duties in Fast Attack.

What about you guys?  What you plan on doing with your Dark Eldar/Eldar force?

PS - Baron, Wraithguard, new Conceal.  Tempting.. yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts