Saturday, November 25, 2006

5 Random Thoughts

  • I am no longer interested in character generation software for tabletop RPGs. If I need computerized help to make my character, I don't want to play that game. Some days I can barely tolerate the complication of modern D&D and that's my favorite game. I'm through trying to wrestle with complicated chargen for other systems.

  • This may be the best single comic panel I have ever seen:

    This scan is about 3 times the size it appears in the book.(From "My Day" by Chris Ware, appearing in the anthology McSweeney's Quartlery Concern (issue 13).)

  • System Does Matter, but a lot of time and effort spent chasing the perfect system could be focused into actually playing a mechanically suboptimal yet fun game.

  • I think RPG Pundit's constant drumbeat of 'swine' infesting the RPG scene is starting to damage my brain. Last night I had a dream in which I was reading a book on RPG theory and in it I encountered a new word: hamculture.

  • The hobby needs more ready-to-run adventures. Crunchtastic rules supplements are fun for the players but adventures drive my game. You've heard of National Novel Writing Month? I would suggest that our hobby needs Worldwide Module Writing Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts