Monday, February 12, 2007

Winter War 34 in review

Ten Things I Liked About This Weekend

  1. I had a great time chatting with a lot of great people that I don't game with during the course of the year.

  2. My old school D&D game was a lot of fun. Managing ten players went fairly smoothly, except for the one kid who wanted to stab a wizard who had a cyclops friend. I had a blast running this module.

  3. I played Clay-O-Rama, the super-silly game of Playdoh-based carnage. More on that when I can show you pictures.

  4. The Encounter Critical game was superfun. Mutants were propositioned. There was a quantumly indeterminate Warlock's Pit containing a substance such as crocodiles and/or sharks & lions. Blink Beasts pulled people off of dewbacks. And Darth Viraxis was put out of our misery. The players are already jazzed up for next year's adventure "Obiwan Shinobi in the Wilden West".

  5. I didn't go crazy shopping. I found a 3.5 monster book for 75% off, some dollar bin old gaming crap, and a couple minis, including this thing:Carnage-Bot!

  6. Pat and I snuck away long enough to make a run for the local comic shop. In the 50 cent boxes I found some Avengers: United They Stand and the one issue of Legionnaires that I've been wanting. And some more Sensational She-Hulk.

  7. Don returned my copy of Starter Traveller, which he had borrowed for grognardy research purposes. Thanks, Don! He also gave me some helpful ideas for maybe attempting a new superhero campaign. Don is solid awesomite.

  8. My sister was able to attend. Some of her games went less-than-swimmingly, but I think she still had a good time overall.

  9. I was able to leave early Saturday night. (See item 4 on the next list.) For those of you who were making fun of me for not being hardcore, I would like to direct your attention to this.

  10. The Catpissman Ratio was way down from last year as far as I could tell.

Five Things I Didn't Like About This Weekend
  1. No one signed up for my Mazes & Minotaurs game. I put quite a bit of work into that adventure. I think my pitch in the con program book was a bit bland. And mythic Greece isn't exactly a redhot genre.

  2. My daughter was out of town. She was having a good time with the grandparents, but I still missed her.

  3. I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to chat with everyone.

  4. My nephew and I crippled each other with point blank shots on turn 2 of the Blind Sniper tournament. Better luck next year, Ian!

  5. I was hoping to score a copy of Dungeon Crawl #4, Bloody Jack's Gold, but none of the vendors had it in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts