Monday, October 7, 2013

Blood Queen Hellebron

I am Death Incarnate.

It was only a matter of time before I let her loose.

2496
10 drops

LORDS:
Crone Hellebron = 310

Lv.4 Supreme Sorc, Scroll = 245
Life

HEROES:
Master BSB, 1+ RR, SoMight = 155

CORE:
30x Witch Elves, FC, Razor Standard = 405
5x Black Riders, Shield, RXB, Mus = 110
5x Black Riders, Shield, RXB, Mus = 110

SPECIAL:
28x Executioners, FC, SoDisc = 381
3x RBT = 210

RARE:
5x Warlocks = 125
5x Warlocks = 125
K-Beast = 160
K-Beast = 160

Everything pretty much looks the same here except for 1 less RBT and a few less Executioners.  The idea here is that Hellebron hangs out with the Witch Elves and I shoot enough targets/win the chaff war that she can just go forward and kill what she wants.  Ideally, she starts on the board with her unit deployed backwards so she doesn't need to break formation from Frenzy.  After all, even with Ld.10, her unit now tests at -3 Ld. because of the Witchbrew.  I'm thinking with the Supreme Sorc hiding in the Executioners' unit, I'll keep throwing stuff like Regen on her unit and +T on the crazy girls' unit.

Warlocks and Black Riders will be Fast Cav harasser units, as well as inflicting Soulblight onto a unit so I can Dwellers them for greater effect.  Life is chosen primarily because I wanted to keep Hellebron alive and maybe heal a few K-Beasts while I'm at it.  I don't like having only 3x RBT, but that's the price you pay when you take someone as killy as the Blood Queen herself.  With 7 attacks base + D3 more, WS7 I9 ASF S10 Poison with re-roll 1s to wound, she's pretty much death incarnate.  I'm not really counting on her Cry of War to happen every game, but sometimes it turns out pretty good.

Story time:
I played a game earlier where my opponent charged me with his unit of Prince, BSB, and 3 Helms into my Witches unit in the flank due to a lucky overrun roll. I then threw 4+ Regen on my Witches unit and the Blood Queen Hellebron makes way to the flank to intercept the Prince's attack. They fail their Fear check from Cry of War even with the re-roll, and then Hellebron threw out her attacks. 5 on the Prince, 3 on the BSB and 1 into the Silverhelm Champ (rolled a 4 for +D3 attacks). ASF cancels by and with Hatred, S10 and re-roll 1s, I kill all of the High Elf royalty. Attacks back resulted in 1 wound done to Hellebron, which I heal back next turn from my Life mage. Then I proceeded to 6-dice Dwellers and kill 19/24 White Lions.  Khaine was pleased.

I do think this list has potential.  This list is just pure death for an armored list and no one wants to charge into KB central or Hellebron's unit.  Especially when you have 2 K-Beasts hanging out in tow.  The trick in using Hellebron I think, is how to keep her alive the entire game.  Having +8 to dispel on the Witches is nice and it'll pretty much stop any attempt to nuke them aside from IF, but Hellebron herself is quite vulnerable.  At T3, 3W with no saves of any kind, making this list work will be a challenge.  I'm definitely up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts